The purpose of the Patterson Township Historical Society is to preserve the history of the Patterson area and make the information about its past available through the museum and The Gateway, an informational publication for members.
The Historical Society publishes The Gateway once a year. Beginning in 1978, there are over 30 issues available along with the special binder for convenient storage and access. These publications amount to over 300 pages of photos and history of local families, businesses, clubs, and area events.
The Center Building
Our museum is housed in what locals refer to as “The Center Building” as it occupies the center of the Circle Plaza in our historical downtown district. The official name of the building when it was completed in 1910 was Patterson Ranch Company Office. At that time, the building was used as the office for sales of lots, businesses and farms. It was built by the Patterson Ranch Company and would be the equivalent of today’s developer’s sales and operations office.
Join The Society – Help Preserve Patterson’s History
Membership in The Society is open to anyone wishing to join. The current yearly membership dues are $20 per household, $100 for businesses and a one time cost of $150 for a lifetime membership. For any of these levels of membership you will receive The Gateway and quarterly issues of our newsletter “Spokes.”